You’ll know how to apply for Australia Awards Scholarships 2025, benefits, duration, eligibility, courses allowed & degree level etc.
|Bachelor, Master, PhD
Introduction: Australia Awards Scholarships 2025
Australia Awards Scholarships are long-term awards by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. They aim to contribute to the development needs of Australia’s partner countries in line with bilateral and regional agreements. Moreover, they provide opportunities for people from developing countries, particularly those countries located in the Indo-Pacific region, to undertake full time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
Participating Institutions: Please see the list of Australian Participating institutions!
Degree(s)/Fields of Study: Any Bachelor, Master or PhD program which must relate to your country’s priority areas for development. See the list on the participating country profiles. NOTE: Australia Awards are not available for training in areas related to flying aircraft, nuclear technology or military training.
Total Number of Scholarships: Not Mentioned
Who can Apply? All the citizen from the participating countries can apply for the Australia Awards Scholarships. See this link to see the complete list of eligible countries for Australia Awards Scholarships, and country-specific eligibility criteria.
Eligibility Criteria: In order to be eligible for Australia Awards Scholarships, applicant must:
- Be minimum of 18 years of age on 1 February of the year of commencing the scholarship i.e 2025
- A citizen of a participating country and be residing in and applying for the scholarship from his/her country of citizenship
- Not be a citizen of Australia, hold permanent residency in Australia or be applying for a visa to live in Australia permanently
- Not be married to, engaged to, or a de facto of a person who holds, or is eligible to hold, Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency, at any time during the application, selection or mobilization phases (note: residents of Cook Islands, Niue and Tokelau with New Zealand citizenship are eligible but must apply for a Student visa [subclass 500]
- Not be current serving military personnel
Benefits and Duration of the Scholarship
Australia Awards Scholarships 2025 are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program specified by the Australian higher education institution, including any preparatory training. The following benefits generally apply:
- Full tuition fees
- Return air travel–payment of a single return, economy class airfare to and from Australia, via the most direct route
- Establishment allowance–a once only payment as a contribution towards accommodation expenses, text books, study materials
- Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE) – a fortnightly contribution to basic living expenses paid at a rate determined by the department.
- Introductory Academic Program (IAP)–a compulsory program prior to the commencement of formal academic studies covering information on living and studying in Australia
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the award (for award holder only)–provided to cover the scholar’s basic medical costs (with the exception of pre-existing conditions)
- Pre-course English (PCE) fees–if deemed necessary PCE may be available for students for in-country and/or in-Australia training
- Supplementary academic support may be available to ensure a scholar’s academic success or enhance their academic experience
- Fieldwork (for research awards and Masters by coursework which have a research component where fieldwork is compulsory) may be available for eligible research students for one return economy class airfare via the most direct route to their country of citizenship or within Australia.
How to Apply?
First of all check the opening and closing dates for your country. If you intend to apply, you must read the Australia Awards Scholarships Policy Handbook. The handbook provides information including general eligibility requirements, selection processes, entitlements and responsibilities. Finally. don’t forget to read the official guidelines on How to Apply for the Australia Awards Scholarships?. Deadline to submit online application is 30-April-2024
Official Website for Australia Awards Scholarships 2025: https://www.dfat.gov.au/people-to-people/australia-awards/australia-awards-scholarships
Disclaimer: This page does not serve as the official scholarship source; rather, it offers a concise overview. Although we strive to maintain accuracy, details may alter unexpectedly. For the latest and comprehensive information, kindly consult the scholarship provider’s official website. Any reliance on data from PSED.net is solely at your discretion, and we encourage reviewing our Terms of Service for further details.