You’ll know how to apply for Romania Ministry of Foreign Affairs Scholarships 2025, benefits, duration, eligibility, courses allowed & degree level etc.
|Bachelor, Master, PhD
Introduction: Romania Ministry of Foreign Affairs Scholarships 2025
About the Scholarship: The annual scholarship programme for foreign citizens offered by the Romanian state, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Each year, the Romanian Government, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, provides a number of scholarships to citizens from non-EU countries.
Degree(s)/Fields of Study: Applicants may select their study program of interest in all fields, with the exception of Medicine, Dental Medicine and Pharmacy. For Bachelor and Master, only study programs in Romanian are available, thus promoting the Romanian language and culture (free Romanian language preparatory year). However, at PhD level, applicants can also opt for a program in English or a foreign language set by the doctoral school. A preparatory year in Romanian is also granted prior to enrolling in the study program of choice, for those not speaking Romanian. The required documents include diplomas, transcripts, birth certificate and passport, CV – all described in the application process.
Total Number of Scholarships: Not Mentioned
Who can Apply? Foreign citizens from all non-EU countries can apply for the scholarship.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the scholarship applicant must:
- Submit a complete file
- Present study documents issued by accredited/recognized education institutions in the country where they were issued;
- Comply with the enrolment deadline;
- Have good results in education, respectively an average of the study years, for the last graduated school of at least 7 (seven) corresponding to the scoring system in Romania or the “Good” score, as the case;
- Comply with the application submission methodology.
NOTE: Scholarships are NOT awarded in the fields of MEDICINE, DENTAL MEDICINE and PHARMACY
Benefits and Duration of the Scholarship
Scholarship beneficiaries will get the following facilities:
- Exemption from the payment of registration fees or any other fees required by application processing, testing for the Romanian language skills, taking the admission contest for doctoral studies and the specific aptitude tests;
- Financing the tuition expenses for the Romanian language preparatory year;
- Financing the tuition expenses for the actual studies, but not more than the duration of a university cycle, corresponding to the study program followed;
- Receiving a monthly scholarship, for students enrolled in the Romanian language preparatory year;
- Receiving a monthly scholarship, for students enrolled in Bachelor, Master or doctoral studies, but not more than the duration of a university cycle;
- Financing the accommodation expenses in the student dormitories, within the allocated subsidy granted through the budget of the Ministry of Education(accommodation will be provided to the extent of available places, scholarship holders having the obligation to contact the host university to find out the accommodation conditions);
- Medical assistance in case of medical-surgical emergencies and diseases with endemic-epidemic potential, in accordance with the legislation in force;
- Discounts for local travel, in-city and between cities (local public, ground, naval and underground transport, as well as domestic road, railway and naval transport), in the same conditions as those offered to Romanian students, according to the legal provisions.
- For students enrolled in the Romanian language preparatory year, for the duration of the courses;
- for students enrolled in Bachelor and Master studies, during the academic year and the legal holidays, but not during the summer holidays. In case of summer academic activities or specific legal provisions, the rights apply during the summer vacation as well;
- for doctoral students enrolled in full-time learning, throughout the calendar year;
- Another 30 days after completing university studies lasting at least one year.
How to Apply?
You must fill in and submit the online application form, which includes information about yourself, contact details, academic background, preferred study domains, etc. and upload the required documents. Any incomplete application will not be considered.
Deadline: Applications can be submitted between 16 January 2024 and 16 March 2024.
Official Website for Romania Ministry of Foreign Affairs Scholarships 2025: https://scholarships.studyinromania.gov.ro/
Disclaimer: This page does not serve as the official scholarship source; rather, it offers a concise overview. Although we strive to maintain accuracy, details may alter unexpectedly. For the latest and comprehensive information, kindly consult the scholarship provider’s official website. Any reliance on data from PSED.net is solely at your discretion, and we encourage reviewing our Terms of Service for further details.